Sunday, November 14, 2010

Titian and other exhibits at the High

I took this trip to the High as a time to walk around and see everything that I had not already seen in their collection. I of course started off with the Titian exhibit since that was the whole point of my trip to the High, but then I made my way back over to the main building and walked through all the exhibits I had somehow missed before. I had already seen Dali and some of the permanent collection. The parts I missed were the modern art and african art permanent collections and the photography exhibit. I now know why I missed them; they were extremely hard to find. The modern art collection was just at the very top of the building and I had never made it that far before, but the photography exhibit was downstairs and there were not really any signs about how to get there.

I really enjoyed the photography exhibit. He really highlighted the lives of the people he photographed doing what they do on a day to day basis. Everyone should go look at that exhibit before it leaves. Its not very big, so next time you go to the High go walk through it really quick. The modern art collection had some very interesting pieces. I like the piece with 5 or 6 sheets of glass that formed a mirror. But some of it I wasn't crazy about, like the giant green canvas. And I didn't understand the mustache with the two floats on it? what was with that? very odd. Art can be out of the ordinary sometimes and not everyone can understand it, and I will say that I don't understand everything sometimes.

The Titian exhibit however was a more straight forward exhibit. It consisted of very typical art. There were a mix of paintings and sketches and showed of the artists's abilities in drawing and creativity. It was a nice contrast to the modern art collection that it was connected to by a walkway.

No comments:

Post a Comment