Saturday, November 13, 2010

Pollock


Pollock is a movie based on the life of the famous abstract artist Jackson Pollock. It was recommended to me by Netflix. Jackson Pollock was a major influential character in the abstract movement. When you look at his work you can see this. Especially when you also look at when his work was created. Me being who I am, and not having much knowledge of art, I hadn't really heard of Jackson Pollock much before I watched this movie. But the movie really represents his life well and gives the viewer a great deal of information about not only his life but also his work. 


I would suggest this movie to everyone to watch. If you have Netflix, its online, if not I'm sure the library might have it. His work is the type of work that you might look at and say "well I could do that" but too see some of the pieces being created was really interesting (even though it was just acting). He is a great artist and very brave to have done what he did. 

1 comment:

  1. I've actually heard of this movie before from a friend a while ago! I definitely want to watch it sometime with my netflix account too

    Hannah C.

    ReplyDelete