Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Philadelphia Art Museum

The only really major art museum that I have been to, besides the High, has been the art museum in Philadelphia. This art museum was huge. There was room within room of art. Everything was so over whelming and almost too much to take in. It would be better to go and look at only one section at a time and not try and see it all in one day.

The building itself is not modern like the High, it is an older more European/Greek style building. The entrance on one side is a huge staircase, which my volleyball coach at the time made us run up. (These are also the stairs featured in Rocky I believe) This building fits with the majority of the architecture in the city of Philadelphia. This art museum fits with what Duncan said about museum being modeled after palaces.

After visiting the High several times now, I am now a strong believer that in order to get the full experience of an art museum you need to visit often. Or at least a few times, because once is not enough. You won't enjoy and there will just be way too much art to look at in one visit. I wish I could have visited the Philadelphia Art Museum  couple more times before I left, but maybe next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment