Thursday, October 28, 2010

Visual Essay

I experienced a lot more than just art while working on this visual essay. Which was the point.  I found out much more about the city of Atlanta while looking for my pieces of public art. And I learned about photography and how to take better pictures. I hope that skill shows in my essay because I tried to work on taking interesting shots of public art. I have never really seen myself as a photographer at all before this project. A couple girls, who I practiced my presentation in front of, even complimented the pictures and they didn't even know that I had taken them. I not only became a better photographer but I also worked on my public speaking skills. That maybe could have been a part of this project that I could have improved on a bit more. Maybe it could be a topic to work on in class, just a suggestion for future classes. Overall I really enjoyed this project. But I think I'm ready to get back to the High because I don't want to waste my $35 membership!

No comments:

Post a Comment