Monday, October 4, 2010

The Past Decade in Pictures

I came across this website that uses pictures to represent the major events in this past decade using pictures. I feel as though this website fits with the theme of Mirzoeff's article. Artistic views of real life events are shown using pictures. Some of the most life altering events of our lives are represented on this site such  as 9/11 and the election of Obama. It seems like at first glance that almost all the pictures are war related, but when you go back and take a closer look you realize that they really aren't. I was going to talk about how sad it was that this past decade is represented by pictures of war and terrorists, but then I found pictures of the Beijing Olympics and Michael Jackson's death. Each picture is amazing in that is can take you back to the moment when that even happened. You are right where you were when you first heard the World Trade Center had been hit by an airplane, which happened to be my fourth grade classroom, or you are taken back to last summer when H1N1 broke out at your summer school program...or maybe that one is just me. I found all of these picture wonderful and sad and a great walk down memory lane and none of these events ever need to be forgotten.

And for any followers who are not in my class here is the link to the article by Mirzoeff if you wish to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment