Sunday, October 17, 2010

Out of the Ordinary Bus Stops

While at home this weekend, I started to observe more of the local art. Home for my happens to be Athens, GA. Some of the art can be UGA related, but I won't post about that. I found the bus stops that were decorated by local artists very interesting. I've seen them pretty much all my life, or at least all long as I can remember. (So that really means as long as I've be driving) Athens uses local artist to decorate public areas throughout the city. More bus stops were actually recently built with musical themes and more will be built soon. You can visit this website to see more information. I think that this is a great way to display public art in a useful way and encourage the use of public transportation.

No comments:

Post a Comment