Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Functional Public Art



The theme that I'm pretty positive I am going to use for my project is functional public art. I've had the best luck finding this type of art around Atlanta, and I can also understand functional art the best. Some example of functional public art I have found include picnic tables, bike racks, walkways, fences, and fountains. These things all serve a purpose and become art second. But since I was on a mission to find art, when i saw most of these items I immediately saw them as art, not functional piece. It wasn't until later when I uploaded the pictures to my computer that I realized that most of the pictures I took were of functional items. I hope to get out tomorrow and have one last day to take pictures. It just seems so hard to find art around Atlanta, at least compared to other places I have been. Atlanta is just not an artsy city. But by finding art in the things that most people would overlook I think that I will be able to come up with plenty of pictures for my project.

1 comment:

  1. I did not realize that was an umbrella! That is really unique. I like your choice of functional art, it is very interesting.

    ReplyDelete