Saturday, September 18, 2010

Ironic Art

Ironic art can be very interesting and puzzling. I "stumbled" upon a website that had several photos that played with several ironic concepts. I posted a couple examples here. One with a bucket pretending to be a well. The well appears to go through the bucket. Maybe since the well goes through the bucket the bucket will will automatically filled with water. The meaning of the picture can be debated from person to person, but no matter what, it is not a normal bucket and well.

Another picture I found interesting was a picture of a spoon that had a shadow of a fork. The picture was very plan, but very ironic. The message or idea behind both of these pictures both have to do with things that very ordinary looked at in a very unordinary way. The pictures make you look at them and do a double take and say "hey, that's not right..." I found looking at all of the pictures I got a very similar feeling. You can go to this link to view them. Have fun and don't get too confused!

3 comments:

  1. I'm liking the irony of this ironic art. It's fun to look at and it does make you think about it on some level, especially the "wait a minute..." factor. Good stumbling. ;)

    <3 Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought that the pictures were very interesting to look at! I especially liked irony in the picture of the disco ball-globe.
    -Sonali Sukumar

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed the picture of all of the rectangular objects that were connected to form the shape of an arch. It makes you wonder how the artist was able to do that.

    ReplyDelete